Having music theory knowledge can often enhance your dancing experience and how can you relate your dance to the music. Music is not a mystical entity, it can be understood, it can be predictable and something you could easy converse with.
We thought that in these Corona times where many people feel like it’s the right time to stay at home, you would love to use the time for some online learning.
We will hold two classes:
- Music theory for dancers – We will go through different concepts that helps us understand what is music, what is it made of, and how does it relate to us as dancers. We will talk about theory, but you will have the time to experiment a little bit with the music, dance and see how it correlates to you.
- Salsa Music Structure – We will talk about the different instruments in a typical Salsa, what kind of Cuban dances and rhythms we hear as Cuban Salsa dancers, what is the structure of Salsa and more.
The classes requires of course interenet connection and speakers or a headset.
- Music theory for dancers – Monday 19:30-21:00 (GMT+1) 23.3.20
- Salsa Music Structure – Thursday 19:30-21:00 (GMT+1) 26.3.20
Price: 15 Euro one class
Price for students currently enrolled in La Candela Classes: 13 Euro, 24 for both.
- The classes will open with a minimum of six participants. In case it doesn’t open, a full refund will be given.
Who is it for?
It’s an open level class. Every kind of person could benefit from the course in different ways from Beginner to advanced dancers, and even to non-dancers if the topic is interesting to you. We are predominately a Salsa and Cuban dances school, but the first class is relevant to any music and any dance.
The first class is a general music theory for dancers. It doesn’t matter so much which too much which dance is your focus. The second class, of course, is Salsa specific, so join only if it interests you.
Ido – Your teacher will be Ido Flaishon, originally from Israel, teaching Salsa and Cuban dances for about 10 years now. Ido himself is an avid Cuban Salsa and Folklore dancer. He started learning in Israel and continued his dancing educations with Cuban teachers in Europe and Cuba itself. Ido is an experienced highly technical teacher that will provide you with a good technique while still keeping the atmosphere fun and easy. (more info here)
Music Theory for Dancers
Salsa Music Structure
If you have any question or have trouble registering, You can contact us through email or via phone 01763-444-9686