This the second part of the level takes dancers with knowledge of core elements further deeper into Salsa Cubana. In this course, we will revise the core elements and build more complex figures based on them.
The objective of the course is to deepen your understanding of the dance:
- You will learn some new core elements of Cuban Salsa such as Patiala or the Classic drop.
- You will build upon known core elements and create more complex elements and figures such as Setenta, Siete Coca-Cola and more.
- Improve your Partnerwork technique, and be a better leader or follower.
- Approaching the notion of solo dance and styling.
- In addition, we will go over new “Rueda de Casino” figures.
It includes 8 lessons, each lesson 75 minutes. There is no need to come with your own partner, we try to start the course with a matching amount of men and women.
Time: 8 Weekly meetings, Wednesdays 18:45-20:00, starting at the 12.9.18 until the 31.10.18 (one time on Saturday 6.10.18 18:00 instead of Wednesday 3.10.18)
Location: First Floor Studio – Prenzlauer Promenade 189, 13189 Berlin
Course Price: 90 Euro (early bird, until the 22/8), 95 Euro afterward
Drop-in Price: 14 Euro (check availability beforehand, it is not guaranteed)
Promoter Discount: If you bring 2 new students – 25% off, 3 new student – 50% off, 5 new students – free of charge.
- The course will open with a minimum of nine participants. In the case it doesn’t open, a full refund will be given.
Who is it for?
The course is for dancers who took La Candela’s Improver course or have between 2-6 months of dancing experience. The course will most likely prove too difficult for dancers who just enjoyed the dance and didn’t take classes before. In case you were not a part of previous La Candela courses. The main elements you are expected to know are listed below:
- Enchufala Doble
- Enchufala con Vuelta
- Vacilala / Lento
- Exhibela / Sacala
Your teacher will be Ido Flaishon, originally from Israel, where he was teaching Cuban Salsa for about 6 years as a senior teacher. Ido is an avid Cuban Salsa and Folklore dancer. He started learning in Israel and continued his dancing educations with Cuban teachers in Europe and Cuba itself. Ido is an experienced highly technical teacher that will provide you with a good technique while still keeping the atmosphere fun and easy. (more info here)
To sign up or for any question, You can contact me through email or via phone 01763-444-9686