In this course, we will deepen our understanding of the dance and create a solid foundation for your dance:
- The focus of the course is on Salsa Cubana’s core elements. The moves which are the “basic blocks” in the foundation of Salsa. Example moves: Vacilala, Siete, or Coca-Cola.
- You will learn new more advanced moves you could use on the dance floor.
- Improve your Partnerwork technique, and be a better leader or follower.
Our classes are known to be extra detailed and structured. This will allow you to understand better the structure of a Salsa Dance, and have the foundation upon which you can compose and follow later on more complex figures with perfect technique.
The course includes 8 lessons, each lesson 90 minutes. There is no need to come with your own partner, we try to start the course with a matching amount of men and women.
Who is it for?
Truly this course is for everyone, this is the most important course in our program – and it’s rare that we recommend dancers to skip – Beginners and advanced alike. We give many details you get nowhere else and work on the foundations like nowhere else.
More in detail we recommend to three groups of people.
- Next level after Beginner Course – For dancers who took La Candela’s Beginners course or a few classes before in another school. (5-10 depends on the school)
- Dancers that learned on the dancefloor – For people that dance for a long while but didn’t take classes before or need a refresher of the core technique. This course will focus on the elements will allow you to have a smooth dance that feels effortless and beautiful. Keep in mind you still need to know the material of the Beginner course, and without it, it will be difficult to follow. ( one/two private classes can often help with getting there if you have considerable experience ). Also, consider reading here more why you should take this course and not just “dance for fun”)
- Any dancer that looks for a kickass technique. we explain everything with super details, and this could enhance your understanding of the dance.
You need to be familiar with and be able to perform the following moves:
Not sure yet if it’s your level? Do you want to see where does this course leads you to?
You can see the entire Salsa Program.
Ido is an avid Cuban Salsa and Folklore dancer. He started learning in Israel and continued his dancing education with Cuban teachers in Europe and Cuba. Ido has been teaching for over 10 years and is known as a teacher with an eye for the details. He will provide you with a good technique while keeping it fun and casual. (more info here)
Previous Student Discount: If you choose to repeat the course you are eligible for a 50% discount. Limited amount of spaces for this discount.
“Bring Your Friends” Discount: If you bring 2 new students – 25% off, 3 new students – 50% off, 5 new students – free of charge. Credit can apply to other La Candela activities.
Student Discount: 20% off. A valid student card should be shown.
Young & Wild: Students (university or high school) under 22 of age can join with a 40% discount. A valid student card should be shown.
Parallel Course: If you take another course with us, you can receive a 30% discount for the second course and a 35% discount for the third.
To sign up or for any questions, You can contact us through email or via phone 01763-444-9686